Falougha Cedars Snowshoeing VT
Discover this snowshoeing trail from Falougha to Jabal el Kneiseh.
At more than 1650 meters altitude, you’ll have wonderful views of the whole region.
The trail first passes by Falougha Cedar Forest where the first Lebanese flag was raised continuing to Lamartine Rock where the famous French poet, Lamartine, used to sit and get inspired.
The group will be divided into two levels:
The hard level will start from Sohat factory in Falougha and continue uphill until they reach
Jabal Kneiseh. From there they will go to the Cedar forest and then to Lamartine Rock for lunch.
The easier level will start from Sohat factory in Falougha and continue to Sohat Village then to the Cedar forest heading to Lamartine Rock for lunch.
After lunch, both groups will go back together to Falougha where the trail will end.
WHERE: Jabal el Kneiseh – Falougha
Metn – Mount Lebanon
1650m above sea level
46 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, January 26
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 75,000 LL per person including transport, snowshoes, reserve, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
– Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
– Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 10’000 LBP
– University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
– Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
– Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
– Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
– Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
– Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
– Always follow the guide on the designated trail
– Do not go off road without notifying the guide
– Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
– Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
– Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
– “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
– “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.