We will discover Chbanieh, a beautiful village located in the Metn Region and walk on a trail fully prepared and coordinated by Vamos Todos. This is definitely one of the most beautiful hiking locations in Lebanon, with plenty of wonderful landscapes to enjoy.
Like most villages in the Lebanese mountains, Chbanieh is covered with trees and orchards. It is located amidst a beautiful vast valley, which dazzled the French poet Lamartine, so the valley became known by the name of “Lamartine Valley”.
There are monuments of ancient graves in the town which are named “the graves of the Jews” until this day. Near the sarcophagus of the Jews there is a deep cave which has not been discovered yet, known as “Magharat Harb”.
This cave is archeological according to the traditions of the village and it contains the forest spring which has two sources, “Kakha” and “Fouar”.
We will start our day by visiting the ancient Mar Fram Monastery in Chbanieh, then we will begin walking, and our hike will be divided to two levels:
Both Level 3 and Level 6 will start walking in Chbanieh and head to a new location in Lamartine Valley.
Level 3 will then take a mostly downhill path with beautiful landscapes, and finish the hike in Deir el Harf.
Level 6 will continue walking on a longer trail of 14 km, and end the hike in Kobbayh.
Don’t forget to bring your lunch with you. We will eat at a beautiful spot there. At the end of the hike, the two levels will take the bus and go back to Beirut.
900 -1000m above sea level
25 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, February 29
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55,000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
– Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
– Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
– University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
– Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
– Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
– Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
– Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
– Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
– Always follow the guide on the designated trail
– Do not go off road without notifying the guide
– Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
– Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
– Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
– “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
– “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.