Monday,1 till Saturday, 12 September 2015
FADE IN: Hamra Street
This class provides participants with the tools they need to make 1-minute movies that are perfect for international film festivals and social media alike. We will cover screenwriting & the structure of a very short story, visual preparation to get the best shots possible, as well as learning to shoot high-quality with equipment you already own.
The tools learned in this short-film class can be used for any video projects: long or short, web-based or cinema, personal or business-based.
This class is taught by filmmaker, Roy Khalil and screenwriter Sandra Khalil in English & Arabic.
Sessions will run from 6:30pm-9:30pm on Monday, Wednesday & Friday Sept 7-9-11, and Saturday 12 September from 12:30pm-5:00pm.
Session #1 Monday 7 September
– How to write for movies
– Fundamentals of storytelling
– Plot, character & structure of 1-minute movies
Session #2 Wednesday 9 September
Words into visuals
– Camera work & fundamentals of composition
– Exercises from famous movie scenes
-- Shot lists and floor plans
Session #3 Friday 11 September
Editing: storytelling with shots
– Fundamentals of editing: using mobile apps
– Exercises using footage given to you in class
– Video on social media: how to get seen by many
-- Do’s and Don’ts of guerrilla filmmaking
Session #4 Saturday 12 September
12:30-5:00pm (times subject to change)
Take everything you’ve learned and do something about it!
No prior preparation is possible, because they’ll be some surprises!
Online Registration: http://goo.gl/OH0NrP
$250 per person
Space is super limited:
Fees must be paid in advance in order to hold your spot.
Needed from participants:
– Anything that takes video: camera, phone, tablet
– Ability to download apps on your device
– Enough space on your camera, phone or tablet
Questions or Comments?
call 01 742 582
whatsapp 71 931 722
We’d love to hear from you!