Saturday, 10 September 2016
Kornet El Sawda
Hike to the highest peak in Lebanon! Enjoy the view at an altitude of 3,088 m!
No matter how hot it is in Beirut, you will need a thick jacket up there, for the temperature at night might reach up to -5.
Kornet el Sawda is the highest peak in the Middle East. It really is worth all the effort you put to get there. The summit offers a huge panoramic view in all directions, and even Cyprus can be seen when weather conditions are especially good.
We will hike 18 km to arrive at the bottom of the black peak , were our camp will be set for the night , then to rise after just befor dawn to procede the hike to the summit to witness a unic and magical sunrise .
WHAT TO GET: Get some light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits and chocolate. Pack your backpacks with DINNER & BREAKFAST, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Get a thick jacket, woolen hat and gloves. Wear hiking shoes or comfortable walking shoes.
and don't forget your TENT and SLEEPING BAG.
a 4x4 will be escorting us all the way.
Transportation by bus from the following stops:
7:45 a.m - Bekfaya
8:15 a.m - Mazraet yachouh
8:45 a.m - Antelias
9:15 a.m - Jounieh
NO DELAYS ARE ACCEPTABLE
The bus timing is critical, we wont wait more then 5 min, any delas will afect the hole program.
The Fees like each year will be devided upon us,it include the bus and the 4x4
it should not exede the 25/30$
RESERVATION IS A MUST:
a MANDATORY 15 $ down payment is required
!!! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 1ST !!!
- For reservation contact us on 70/178395 or 71/147662
- This event is for sports and nature lovers.
- Family and kids are welcomed.
- Hikers and campers must remain in full autonomy; (reliable hiking shoes, backpack with the essentials “food and water”, their own tent and sleeping bag).
- Respect for each other is a must, unethical behavior won t be tolerated!!
- Respect for nature is a must, ecotourism rules must be followed.
- Minimize waist: we recommend bringing stainless plates and cups you can wash and reuse instead of the one-use plastic ones, bring your own garbage bag, we will leave the place better than we find it.
- Any musical instrument is welcome to spread a magical and joyful ambiance; no LOUD music is alloud at night (campers will need to rest in order to hike for the sunrise at 4:00 a.m).
- All kind of foods and brewages are welcomed for the evening dinner, sharing is caring.
- Excessive alcohol use won t be tolerated!!
- Pets are not allowed on the bus, they are welcomed by your own means but dogs MUST remain on leash in camp.
- All Payments are non-refundable in case of cancellation, however, a 100% refund will apply in case of event cancellation.
- The prices include transport, 4x4 escort and guides only.
ATTENTION: PLEASE STAY SAFE AND SOBER DURING THE EVENT; WE WON’T BE COVERING FOR PERSONAL INJURIES.
NB: Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur.