Tuesday, 12 July 2016
FADE IN: Armenia Street, Mar Mkheil
Poetry can change the way people think and connect to the way they feel. It can introduce a new ground for language, express an idea in an utterly unique way, and create a medley of music and words.
Poetry is often considered difficult to write, complex to understand, and made for the elite few. This workshop will help you unblock your writer's block and get your poetry ideas down on paper so that you can read, revisit and revise
Whether you are a poetry enthusiast, a frequent writer, or just somebody who wants to understand what so many poems ramble on about, this class is geared to show you that poetry is, in fact, for everybody.
This class is taught by writer and poet Nadine Makarem in English (Arabic will be spoken in class)
SESSION DATES | TIMES
All sessions run from 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Tuesday 12 July
Tuesday 19 July
Thursday 28 July
Thursday 4 August
at #fadein Mar Mkhael
In 4 sessions, we will be exploring poetry in a creative-centered atmosphere:
- Read a poem at the start of each class and discuss.
- Identify different forms of poetry and how they can help any of your poems
- Become familiar with the various aspect of the “poetic line” or structural division of verses
- Understand rhythm, rhyme and pace
- Workshop poetry using abstraction, image, story and sound
- Write! And leave with at least one draft of one poetic form
$150 early bird (register and pay byJuly 1)
$170 regular (after July 1)
Space is super limited:
Fees must be paid in advance in order to hold your spot.
Registeration form: http://
Questions or Comments?
call 78 932 396
whatsapp 70 224 195
We'd love to hear from you!