Saturday, 25 November 2017
We will hike on a new trail discovered by Vamos Todos in one of the most naturally varied villages of Metn district, Arsoun
With more than 90% of its total area covered with pine trees, Arsoun offers a huge variety of trees as well as old structures such as bridges, mills and houses. The village is extremely rich in water as it has more than 10 water sources scattered all around
Our hike will be divided into three levels: Level 2, level 4 and level 6 that will start all together inside the village among old-style narrow streets and visit major landmarks such as an old silk factory, a water spring and the old church
Then we will all head to Ain el Delbeh village through an amazing trail covered by green varied shrubs. Al on the way we will also see an old mill, an ancient bridge and beautiful water springs
Once we reach, level 6 will separate from the rest of the group to go on a steep uphill trail reaching the top of the village where wonderful panoramic sceneries can be seen
Level 2 and 4 will continue together on a dirt trail offering beautiful views among a variety of trees
The three levels will then meet again where Level 2 will take a downhill track along the asphalted road to get to the lunch location, a picnic area.
Levels 4 and 6 will hike on a steep downhill cliff separating Salima from Arsoun. You will see Qalaet Rached, Sheer el Nahel, three water springs, a grape press, and a historical Ottoman bridge
The hike will end at the lunch location.
Lunch will be in a picnic area, Don’t forget to pack your lunch with you!
800 m above sea level
24 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, Nov 25
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden.
PRICE: 55 000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate and speed up the registration process).
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 10’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 15 will have a discount of 5’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 5’000 LBP provided that they have their university card
- Groups with 5 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charge and extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
WHAT TO GET: Get some light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits. Pack your backpacks with, water, lunch, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Don’t forget a jacket because it gets cold in the shade. Wear hiking shoes or comfortable walking shoes.
RESERVATION: For reservation call 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join in.
NB: Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur.
Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.